I think this game is going around the blogosphere, and i thought it was fun reading Ann’s post so i’ll participate. Since the Somethings have sort of died, this will replace them this week.
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in the post you were tagged in
- Create 11 new questions for your tagees to answer
- Tag them on Twitter, Facebook or your blog
11 Random Facts About Me
- I’m a nut for puzzle games. Sudoku and Trainyard come to mind immediately.
- My car is 11 years old and i hope to keep it 11 more years.
- If i don’t have at least one cup of coffee in the morning i get a headache.
- I sleep on the right side of the bed, if you’re looking at it.
- Snoozing is required in the morning, unless i’m nervous about having to be somewhere.
- I love to try things i’ve never done before.
- I was a band geek in high school and somewhat regret not continuing it in college.
- I can trace my genealogy back to John Alden and Priscilla Mullen of the Mayflower.
- I don’t like olives, but i do like dirty martinis.
- I don’t wear a lot of jewelry. I have a few items that are special to me, and i wear them because i like them, not because they accessorize my outfit in any way.
- I like movies that make me cry. Sometimes a girl needs a good cry.
11 Questions I was Asked to Answer
- What is your favorite movie? Tough one, but i’ll say The Girl Next Door.
- If you could go back and give your 16 year old self one piece of advice, what would it be? Oh my, that’s tough. I’ll have to settle for a short list. Don’t quit the swim team, the cool kids won’t matter after high school so stop worrying about it, your parents and brothers will become some of your best friends even though it doesn’t seem like it now, stick up for your brothers more.
- Why do you blog? I started when i was trying to hold myself accountable when i began running. It turned into sharing my thoughts on various things. Lately i’ve neglected it, but i’d like to get back into it.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing that? I wanted to be a lot of things, my earliest memories are of wanting to be a writer. Not doing that, though i do try to do it for fun through blogging and writing bridge columns.
- M&M’s – plain or peanut? Peanut!!
- What was your first car? 1979 Datsun pick-up truck. Boy was it a clunker. Great car, though, lots of personality. For example, it would backfire, loudly, whenever you turned it off. I got to school an hour early every day so there wouldn’t be many kids in the parking lot to hear it.
- What is your favorite Halloween costume you’ve ever worn? You know, i can’t even remember any of my costumes except for the ghost made out of a sheet with two eye holes.
- What are your favorite blogs to read? Brazen Careerist and the blogs of friends and family.
- If you were to have a boy and a girl tomorrow, what would you name them? It would have to be Scarlet and Gray.
- What was your favorite class in college? Personal Finance. I know it sounds lame, but the teacher was really dynamic, irreverent and just plain good and i learned a lot of practical stuff.
- What celebrity do you think it would be fun to be friends with? Jon Stewart.
11 Questions for You to Answer
- What’s your earliest childhood memory?
- What place would you most like to visit?
- What’s the scariest thing you have ever done?
- When was the last time you got a giggle fit and what caused it?
- How many cars have you owned?
- Who were your childhood heroes?
- What was your favorite game as a child?
- What book have you read that had a profound impact on you?
- If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would do?
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
- What is the thing you like best about yourself?
Now, I’m tagging:
Nathan at Nate’s Davar
Cindy at My $.02
Kerry at Kerry and Gabe (Ann tagged her too, but she can answer more questions)
Robert at Soaking Up The World
I’d also love to hear responses from anyone else who reads but doesn’t blog. Moms?